My name is Cheryl and I am mom to Mason (almost three) and Olivia (nine months). My husband and I, along with our two children, live in Bowmanville, Ont. I am a stay-at-home mom and we are always busy doing something fun, including trips to the Aquarium, walks to the park or just playing outside and enjoying life!
As a mom of two kids under the age of three, I am somewhat ashamed to tell you that I have owned six different strollers. From a complete travel system to a double jogger (which was never actually used for jogging) to now owning this beauty of a side-by-side double stroller thanks to participating in a guest review with Mommy Gearest!
As a stay-at-home mom of two VERY energetic kids, we are always busy doing something. Whether it be a walk to the park, visiting a shopping mall, exploring the outdoors or simply just out for a stroll, having a double stroller was an absolute must for me. Being able to contain both children in a busy shopping mall, while also using the stroller as storage for any goodies I’ve purchased that day or being able to offer a ride to an exhausted toddler after a long day out is a huge bonus…any mother can attest to that, right?
As an owner of six different strollers, both singles and doubles, I can tell you that not one of them was perfect, but the Britax B-AGILE Double Stroller comes pretty darn close!
I’m going to start this off by saying how easy this baby was to assemble straight out of the box! No tools needed (totally my kind of stroller). With the “click” quick-release wheels and the easy-to-attach canopies, I had this stroller together and ready to roll in no time at all. Literally that was all I needed to do: unfold it (which I’ll get to “the fold” in a minute), attach these two items and it was done. In an all-black colour, the B-AGILE stroller is “sleek and sexy.” What woman doesn’t love black?!
After assembling this stroller, I decided to test out the fold. As a busy mom-on-the-go, in and out of stores and such, having a stroller that folds quickly and easily is a huge bonus. This stroller does just that. A simple push on the frame release button, pull up on the two frame release handles located in each seat and this puppy collapses in half. Folds nice and flat and although I have a pick up truck, I would say that this stroller would fit well in the trunk of any mid-size car or SUV. All folded up, I found the Britax B-AGILE Double considerably lightweight for its size.
This stroller has some pretty great features:
- Storage basket access by kids feet (unzip and you can easily access anything at the front of the storage basket)
- Full reclining (individual) seats with easy recline adjuster; which are awesome for napping on the go
- Zippered storage pockets in the back of each canopy
- An easy-to-use foot break
- Swivelling front wheels that make this stroller turn on a dime, which can also be locked in place to help navigate your way through sand or snow
- Sliding harness height adjuster (located in the zippered pocket on the back of each seat) which makes adjusting the harnesses a breeze
- Height adjustable handle bar
- Infant car seat receivers (for Britax infant seats) also included
The under-seat storage basket, like many double strollers, is small and shallow — especially for a double stroller. Again as a mom that frequents shopping malls and uses her stroller for a lot of quick trips to the grocery store, having a good sized storage basket is a must!
Although the B-AGILE double stroller comes with a lot of really great features, there were a couple missing that I think are important:
- A parent console — you need someplace to put your “stuff,” whether it be your cell phone, keys or a bottle of water; having that accessory on a stroller is a must for me
- Child trays — my son is a snacker. He loves having someplace to put his goldfish and water cup
And although, yes, you can purchase both of these items as add-ons, I think that having both of these items come standard would make this stroller pretty close to perfect!