When I got my first computer in 1995, it was enormous and cost my parents upwards of $3,500; they sacrificed a family vacation to pay for it. All these years later, they remind me from time to time that the four of us didn’t go to Cuba because of that computer.
Back-to-school shopping can still be expensive — especially once your kids are at an age when computers become an essential tool for schoolwork.
But, thanks to Microsoft, investing in a student-friendly computer won’t hurt my (or your) wallet the way it hurt my parents.
Why? Enter the Asus VivoBook W202.
We’ve been playing with the VivoBook laptop for a couple of weeks and, so far, I’m impressed. It packs a good punch despite its smaller footprint and economical price tag of around $399.
This laptop will neither take up too much space nor mean the annual family holiday gets thrown out the window!
The Asus VivoBook W202 is the ultimate education laptop — with loads of amazing features:
- It has a finely tuned keyboard and bigger-than-average touchpad and I like how sensitive the mouse pad is because it means little fingers won’t be frustrated
- Its anti-glare display will help protect your kids’ eyes (and yours for all those times you’re going to be helping with school projects)
- The packaging says the VivoBook will give you up to 11 hours of battery life, but in my experience it’s actually far longer in standby mode. And that means students can work and play on the W202 all day — from the kitchen table to the classroom and back again, without being bound to an electrical outlet
- Perfect for students, this laptop is lightweight at just 2.6 pounds
- For all those “oops” moments, the Asus VivoBook W202 has slip-resistant grips around all four corners and spill-resistant keys; the reinforced, rugged rubber edges should help withstand physical stress over the long-run and even prevent serious damage if it’s accidentally dropped
- There’s a full HDMI port and an SD card slot, too
- The W202 has Cortana built in. If you haven’t met her yet, think of Cortana as your personal digital assistant. She’ll even walk you through the laptop set-up when you turn it on for the first time (truly, you just talk to each other…it’s pretty neat)
- And it uses Windows 10 S. How’s that different than Windows 10? It’s just as powerful but it helps prevent younger (cough, cough…more naïve) users from accidentally downloading questionable or potentially dangerous content because it will only accept software purchased directly from the Microsoft Store
See the Asus VivoBook W202 in action here:
The bottom line: with the Asus VivoBook W202’s compact, sturdy construction and added Windows features, you can bring it wherever you like and it’s basically kid-proof — all at a cost that won’t bring you to your knees.
You can get the Asus W202 and so many more of your back-to-school needs at Staples Canada.
But before you head out to shop, enter to win a sweet prize pack!
The giveaway is valued at more than $900 and includes:
- An Asus VivoBook W202
- A metal locker
- A pair of RayBan sunglasses
- A $50 Urban Outfitters gift card
- School supplies from Staples (pens, binders, etc.)
But wait — there’s more!
Not only can you enter to win this prize pack here at MommyGearest.com, but you can ALSO enter to win it through Staples, too, giving you two separate chances to win. (Please note that Staples has its own terms and conditions; ensure you read both carefully to qualify.)